For many people, the idea of spying on someone’s phone dies when they learn they have to install the software. Laying hands on the person’s phone to install the software isn’t always easy. Also, some of us aren’t tech-savvy enough to use spy apps.
So, then comes the question: “How to spy on an Android phone without installing software?” We’re going to see how you can get into a person’s phone — be it an Android or an iPhone.
3 Ways to Spy on a Target Phone Without Installing Software
Several online articles promise ways you can spy on a cell phone without software. However, most of these methods come down to outright hacking. The ways we’ll discuss are simple, harmless, and you can go about it.
- Find My Device
The Find My Device app allows you to spy on someone’s cell phone without installing software. Also known as Android Device Manager, the app comes pre-installed on every Android phone. So you don’t have to install any application. With Find My Device, you can keep tabs on the person’s location, lock the device, make it ring, and even wipe the data if it goes missing.
To use Find My Device, you need the Google Account login details connected to the device. Here’s how to spy on a phone with the Android Device Manager:
- Go to https://google.com/android/devicemanager on your browser.
- Log in with the Google username and password of the target Android device.
- Wait for the device’s timeline to appear, then lock the phone, erase the data, or make it ring.
- Google Timeline
Like the Android Device Manager, the Timeline feature by Google comes already installed on the phone. This method allows you to see the location history of the target person. All you need is the login credentials of the Google Account connected to the device.
- Open the Google Map app on your phone or a web browser.
- Log in with the Google Account details of the target device.
- Click on ‘Your places’ to see where the person has been.
- Click on ‘Your Timeline’ to access the location history.
- Use iCloud Credentials
If the target device is iOS, you never have to worry, as you can hack mobile phones without any software. Many spy apps allow you to track an iOS device using the iCloud login details without installing the spyware. However, you can only spy on a no-jailbreak iOS device with this method, which comes with limited features. Here’s how to do it:
- Subscribe to a spy app plan.
- Select iPhone without Jailbreak.
- Enter the Apple ID and password associated with the device you want to monitor.
- Let the spy app download the phone’s data to your Control Panel.
- Start tracking all the information you want.
Why Do You Need Spy Software to Spy on Someone’s Phone?
While the methods above give you the convenience of spying on the target phone without installing any software, they offer limited capabilities. Location tracking and a few other functions are much about what you can do on Android phones. However, you need to access the call logs, SMS, browser history, IMs, and so much more for more robust monitoring. Thankfully, there are spy apps to let you do that.
The downside to using spy apps is that you need to install them on the device. On average, installing spyware requires about 15 minutes of physical access to the target device. The good thing is, you can always hide the app after installation. That way, you can monitor the target person without them finding out.
What Can You Monitor With Spy Apps?
Here are the basic features almost every spy app offers:
- Call Logs: With spy apps, you get to see the target device’s incoming and outgoing calls. The logs also come with timestamps, allowing you to note the time and duration of each call.
- SMS: Tracking text messages is another feature monitoring software brings. Some even allow you to read SMS long after they’ve been deleted.
- Social Media and IMs: Spyware gives you access to another person’s social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and many more. The apps also allow you to read the person’s messages on various IMs such as WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, iMessage, etc.
- Browser History: Do you want to know what the target searches on the internet? Monitoring software shows you the browser history of the device.
- Location: Spy apps use the GPS Location feature to track the location of the person you’re monitoring. The apps show you the location on a map, the exact address, and the coordinates of the places the person has been.
- Media Files: Spy apps also show you the multimedia files, like videos and audios, on the target phone.
- Contacts: You can also access the device contact list from the spy app’s Control Panel.
- Keylogger: The Keylogger captures the words the target types on the device keyboard. This feature makes for an excellent way to lay hands on login IDs and passwords.
Spy apps work in stealth mode, allowing you to track the cell phone without being discovered. During installation, you can choose to hide the app icon from the phone app menu. That way, the target gets no idea there’s such an application on their phone.
Spying on a phone without installing software is possible. The Find My Device and Google Timeline apps make it possible on Android phones. The apps come pre-installed, so you don’t need to install them on the phone. However, they offer limited monitoring capabilities. Your best bet is using a spy app that offers robust remote monitoring features. However, the downside to these apps is that you need to install them on the target phone.